Phone: +36 1 255 3810
Office hours: 8:00 – 18:00 (GMT+1)
Our technical support team is happy to help you with any questions you may have about our products or technologies.
The support team’s activities include
- Pre-sales advices
- Reviewing system designs
- Consulting about installation and usage issues
- Handling product failures and repairs through RMA service process
How to speed up the troubleshooting process
Lightware’s technical support team is always working hard to provide the fastest support possible. Our team’s response time is one of the best in the industry and in the toughest of cases we can directly consult with the hardware or software engineer who designed the product to get the information from the most reliable source.
However, the troubleshooting process can be even faster… with your help.
There are certain pieces of information that push us in the right direction to finding the root cause of the problem. If we receive most of this information in the first e-mail or it is gathered at the time when you call us, then there is a pretty high chance that we will be able to respond with the final solution right away.
This information is the following:
- Schematic (a pdf version is preferred, but a hand drawing is sufficient).
- Serial number(s) of the device(s) (it is either printed somewhere on the box or you can query it in the Device Controller software or on the built-in website).
- Firmware versions of the devices (please note that there may be multiple CPUs or controllers in the device and we need to know all of their firmware versions, a screen shot is the best option).
- Cable lengths and types (in our experience, it’s usually the cable ☺).
- Patch panels, gender changers or anything else in the signal path that can affect the transmission.
- Signal type (resolution, refresh rate, color space, deep color).
- Emulated EDID(s) (please save them as file and send them to us).
- Actions to take in order to re-create the problem (if we cannot reproduce the problem, it is hard for us to find the cause).
- Photo or video about the problem (‘image noise’ can mean many different things, it’s better if we see it too).
- Error logs from the Device Controller software.
The more of the above information you can give us the better.
We are looking forward to working with you!
Lightware Support Team