New Generation Scalable Optical Extender
The design features a new, optical configuration, which allows 4K UHD@60Hz 4:4:4 uncompressed signal extension with latency-free multistreaming.
- 4K UHD @ 60Hz 4:4:4 Scaler
- Multistreaming technology (more video transmission on a single link)
- Video Over IP OR Point-to-Point operation modes: UBEX can also work as a simple extender, no Ethernet switch is required for simple extension
- Versatile operation modes: dual channel 4K TX or dual channel 4K RX or TRX (transceiver mode: sending and receiving signals simultaniously)
- Operation mode can be changed by a user-performable, simple firmware update
- Field replaceable SFP+ modules: Singlemode (SM) 10km or Multimode (MM) 400 Meters
- Advanced EDID Management
- 10 Gbps on one (or two) fibers OR 20 Gbps on two (or four) fibers
- Configurable video compression
- USB HID (KVM) and optional USB 2.0 extension
- One Gbps Ethernet port per link
- Balanced stereo audio connectors
- Optional control speed connectors (RS-232, IR)
- HDMI2.0; DP1.2 and 12G-SDI professional video formats
*specifications and features are subject to change
UBEX is an optical scaling extender which allows 4K UHD@60Hz 4:4:4 uncompressed signal extension with latency-free multistreaming and can work in a complex network with the use of a standard Ethernet switch as crosspoint.
The video compression level of the signal can be freely set by the user. Using visually lossless compression, UBEX is able to extend two UHD signals over a single 10 Gbps Ethernet port. This generates substantial cost saving on the required Ethernet switch side, as with UBEX only half the router size is required compared to the needs of other, 10 Gbps IP based architectures of similar systems.
UBEX was also developed for dual-screen applications: each transmitter and each receiver handles 2x HDMI2.0 video ports.
Live events serviced by Rental and Staging companies require real-time, no latency AV extension. In order to fulfill this expectation, UBEX can be used in a point to point as a conventional extender pair between endpoints. It is not required to use an Ethernet switch when point to point extension is required.
The device is designed to use Video Over IP transmission with standard 10 Gbps SFP+ optical modules installed, which are field-exchangeable by the user.
One of the prime advantages of the new architecture is scalability. The maximum reachable distance can be adjusted to vary between 400 m and 100 km, depending on the type of singlemode or multimode optical modules installed in the device, and the signal properties.
The extender also features audio, Gigabit Ethernet connections per link, and optional full speed USB 2.0, USB HID, RS-232 and IR connectors.
- Large office building environments
- Yacht and other high-end residential systems
- Rental and Staging
- Digital signage – daisy chain operation
- Strictly unidirectional data diode mode operation for secure systems
Uncompressed Signal Management Over IP
Lightware’s Ultra Bandwidth Extender, the UBEX is a new, optical solution, which allows 4K UHD@60Hz 4:4:4 uncompressed signal extension without latency, operating using a packet-based transmission instead of the conventional method.
User-installable Optical Modules
The device has standard, certified 10 Gbps SFP+ optical modules, which are plug and play and interchangeable by the user. Either duplex multimode/singlemode modules (one fiber for each direction per 10 Gbps link) or bi-directional singlemode modules (one fiber for both direction per 10 Gbps link) can be installed.
Variable Extension Distances
The maximum reachable distance is 400 m with multimode modules (OM4), and 10 km with short range singlemode modules, or 80 km with long range singlemode modules.
Virtually Unlimited Scalability
One of the primary advantages of the new architecture is scalability. By using standard Ethernet switches as virtual crosspoint for UBEX devices, an unlimited size virtual matrix can be built, where the crosspoint size is only limited by the size of the switch used. Also an advantage of the virtual matrix architecture is that the virtual matrix can be even extremely asymmetrical with one UBEX on one, and potentially several hundred UBEX units at the other end of the virtual crosspoint.
Traditional Point-to-Point Extension and Transceiver mode
UBEX can operate as a traditional point-point extender too, with reliable optical extension linking directly to the UBEX device in receiver mode. The UBEX device can operate as transmitter, receiver or transceiver as well.
Various Control Options
UBEX can be controlled via its built-in website, over RS232, Ethernet and it also has a color graphic display on its front, with a push-dial button for easy direct device management.
UBEX is available with numerous add-ons, providing audio breakaway signal management, IR, RS232 and Gigabit Ethernet control and also USB KVM.
|Product brief||Language||File format||Size||Date|
|Product brief -UBEX||English||7.23 MB||2017-09-28||Download|