Optical Fiber Based AV Over IP Video System
The design features a new, optical configuration, which allows 4K UHD@60Hz 4:4:4 uncompressed signal extension with latency-free multistreaming.
- 4K UHD @ 60Hz 4:4:4 Scaler
- Multistreaming technology (multiple video transmission on a single optical link)
- Video Over IP OR Point-to-Point operation modes: UBEX can also work as a conventional extender, no Ethernet switch is required for simple extension
- Versatile operation modes: dual channel 4K transmitter or receiver or transceiver mode: sending and receiving signals simultaneously
- Operation modes can be changed by rebooting and selecting the desired mode
- Field replaceable SFP+ modules: up to Singlemode (SM) 80 km or Multimode (MM) 400 Meters
- Advanced EDID Management
- 10 Gbps on one (or two) fibers OR 20 Gbps on two (or four) fibers
- Configurable video compression
- Virtual Matrix mode with UBEX units connected to a central Ethernet switch serving as crosspoint, supervised and controlled by a UBEX MMU-X200 Matrix Management Unit
- Front panel jog dial push button and color display
- Front panel feedback LEDs
- Internal power supply and front-to-back cooling air trail
- USB HID (KVM)
- Balanced stereo audio connectors
- Optional control speed connectors (RS-232, IR)
UBEX is an optical scaling extender which allows 4K UHD@60Hz 4:4:4 uncompressed signal extension with latency-free multistreaming. The device is designed to use Video Over IP transmission on a 10G Ethernet network, it has standard, 10 Gbps SFP+ optical modules installed, which are field-exchangeable by the user.
UBEX units can connect to create a complex network with the use of a standard Ethernet switch.
An UBEX-MMU-X200 Matrix Management Unit (MMU) is required to control and supervise a virtual matrix, which can be created by connecting UBEX units as input and output endpoints to an Ethernet switch acting as crosspoint.
One of the prime advantages of such new architecture is scalability: the virtual matrix created can have a virtually infinite number of endpoints, limited only by the number of open ports on the Ethernet switch used. Such a virtual matrix can be also extremely asymmetrical, as e.g. it could have only a few (or one) devices on the input side, while an almost unlimited number of output end units.
Using visually lossless compression, UBEX can extend two Full 4K UHD signals over a single, 10 Gbps Ethernet port. This generates substantial cost saving on the required Ethernet switch side, as with UBEX only half the router size is required compared to the needs of similar, 10 Gbps IP based architectures.
The UBEX design also favors dual-screen applications: each transmitter and each receiver handles 2x HDMI 2.0 video ports.
UBEX can also be used in a point to point setup as a conventional extender pair between endpoints. It is not required to use an Ethernet switch when point to point extension is required.
The maximum reachable distance is ranging between 400 m and 80km, depending on the type of singlemode or multimode optical modules installed in the device, and on the signal properties.
The extender also features audio and optional full speed USB 2.0, USB KVM (HID), balanced audio ports and RS-232 and IR connectors.
Uncompressed Signal Management Over IP
- Large office building environments
- Yacht and other high-end residential systems
- Rental and Staging
- Digital signage – daisy chain operation
- Strictly unidirectional data diode mode operation for secure systems
Uncompressed Signal Management Over IP
Lightware’s Ultra Bandwidth Extender, the UBEX is a new, optical solution, which allows 4K UHD@60Hz 4:4:4 uncompressed signal extension without latency, operating using a packet-based transmission instead of the conventional method.
User-installable Optical Modules
The device has standard, certified 10 Gbps SFP+ optical modules, which are plug and play and interchangeable by the user. Either duplex multimode/singlemode modules (one fiber for each direction per 10 Gbps link) or bi-directional singlemode modules (one fiber for both direction per 10 Gbps link) can be installed.
Variable Extension Distances
The maximum reachable distance is 400 m with multimode modules (OM4), and 10 km with short range singlemode modules, or 80 km with long range singlemode modules.
Virtually Unlimited Scalability
One of the primary advantages of the new architecture is scalability. By using standard Ethernet switches as virtual crosspoint for UBEX devices, an unlimited size virtual matrix can be built, where the crosspoint size is only limited by the size of the switch used. Also an advantage of the virtual matrix architecture is that the virtual matrix can be even extremely asymmetrical with one UBEX on one, and potentially several hundred UBEX units at the other end of the virtual crosspoint.
Traditional Point-to-Point Extension and Transceiver mode
UBEX can operate as a traditional point-point extender too, with reliable optical extension linking directly to the UBEX device in receiver mode. The UBEX device can operate as transmitter, receiver or transceiver as well.
Various Control Options
UBEX can be controlled via its built-in website, over RS232, Ethernet and it also has a color graphic display on its front, with a push-dial button for easy direct device management.
UBEX is available with numerous add-ons, providing audio breakaway signal management, IR, RS232 and Gigabit Ethernet control and also USB KVM.
|Product brief||Language||File format||Size||Date|
|Product brief -UBEX||English||7.23 MB||2017-09-28||Download|